Call for Papers
The 2021 Tran-SET Conference is pleased to announce its Call for Papers for presentations and publications. The conference will be held virtually on June 3-4, 2021.
Papers from national and international participants are welcomed.
The conference theme is developing, evaluating, and implementing cutting-edge technologies, novel materials, and innovative construction management processes to enhance the durability and service of transportation infrastructure.
Submission of papers is encouraged but not conclusive to the following transportation topics:
- Novel Materials to Enhance Durability of Portland Cement Materials
- Advanced and Renewable Materials to Improve Performance of Asphalt Mixtures
- Implementation of Innovative Construction Management Processes
- Environmentally-Friendly Soil Stabilization Techniques
- Effective and Simplified Approaches to Evaluate Pavements Performance
- Cost-Effective Monitoring and Preserving of Structures
- Development of Safety Assessment Approaches for Infrastructure
- Impact of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) on Economic Development
Please note that all accepted papers from the 2021 Tran-SET Conference will be published by ASCE and will provide bibliographic information for each proceedings paper to abstracting and indexing (A&I) services, such as CNKI Books, Elsevier Scopus, Elsevier Engineering Index (EI), ExLibris Primo, IET/Inspec, National Academies, OCLC WorldCat, and ProQuest Summon.
Student Poster Competition
The 2021 Tran-SET Annual Conference will host a Student Poster Competition. To participate, please submit an Abstract (maximum 350 words) in accordance with the transportation topics listed above.
Abstracts (and posters) from national and international participants are welcomed.
The abstracts must follow the following format. Please e-mail your abstracts directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date. Please follow the instructions below to prepare your poster:
- Register for the conference.
- Prepare, print, and bring to the conference a single sheet poster made of heavyweight poster paper or similar material, approximately 36 x 48 inches in size (the longer dimension should be horizontal, to ensure the easels can hold them steadily.) We will provide easels, poster boards, and clips for the presenters.
- Authors may bring additional written material of a non-commercial nature that supplements the material presented on the poster.
- Keep content SIMPLE. A poster is a visual communication tool, not a manuscript. The viewer should be able to easily identify the primary concepts of the project without wading through a lot of text or complex formulas. Identify 3 or 4 main points or concepts to communicate.
- Use at least 28–36 point bold sans serif font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica) for headers and 22–26 point font for text.
- Provide author name(s), organization logos and/or other acknowledgments to give credit to those who have done the work.
- Prepare a brief (up to 10 minutes) oral presentation for delivering to small audiences gathered around the poster.
Dec. 7, 2020 | Call for Papers and Student Posters Begins
Feb. 5, 2021 | Draft Papers for Presentation and Publication Due
Feb. 5, 2021 | Abstracts for Student Poster Presentations Due
Mar. 29, 2021 | Comments on Draft Papers Sent to Authors
Apr. 12, 2021 | Final Papers Due
May 21, 2021 | Student Posters Due
Jun. 1, 2021 | Proceedings Published
Jun 3, 2021 | Conference Begins