Call for Papers
The Transportation Consortium of South Central States (TranSET) is actively soliciting papers for consideration of presentations and publications at its 2022 Tran-SET Conference to be held in Austin, Texas on Aug 31 to Sep 2, 2022.
The conference theme is integrating cutting-edge technologies, big data, and AI-based techniques to achieve transportation equity and maintain durable, sustainable, and resilient transportation infrastructure.
Submission of papers is encouraged but not conclusive to the following transportation topics:
- Innovative materials to enhance the durability of asphalt and concrete
- Artificial intelligence in urban mobility
- Innovative soil strengthening and stabilization
- EV infrastructure planning and development
- Resilience and Preserving of Structures
- Automated and smart sensing in infrastructure
- Big data in smart cities analytics
- Climate-resilience infrastructure
- Intelligent transportation systems in traffic safety and planning
Submit an Abstract by June 1, 2022. The abstracts must follow the following format given here.
Indicate in the Abstract if the submission is for:
- Full paper submission
- Presentation-only submission
- Student Poster Competition (Students only)
All submissions of Abstracts and papers shall be through EasyChair HERE.
- For full paper submission, it must be at least 6 pages and no more than 10 pages. It must follow the ASCE format here. The full paper will be reviewed by a review panel prior to a publication decision. Final publication decisions are made only by the 2022 TranSET Conference Committees. Please visit the conference website (https://transet.lsu.edu/2022-tran-set-conference/) to know more about paper submission and conference registration.
- For presentation-only submission, no paper is required.
- Student Poster Competition, the 2022 Tran-SET Annual Conference will host a Student Poster Competition. To participate, please submit an Abstract (maximum 350 words) in accordance with the transportation topics listed above. The abstracts must follow the following format given here. Please follow the instructions below to prepare your poster:
- Upload your abstract through EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=transet2022)
- Register for the conference here.
- Authors may bring additional written material of a non-commercial nature that supplements the material presented on the poster.
- Keep content SIMPLE. A poster is a visual communication tool, not a manuscript. The viewer should be able to easily identify the primary concepts of the project without wading through a lot of text or complex formulas. Identify 3 or 4 main points or concepts to communicate.
- Use at least 28–36 point bold sans serif font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica) for headers and 22–26 point font for text.
- Provide author name(s), organization logos and/or other acknowledgments to give credit to those who have done the work.
- Prepare a brief (up to 10 minutes) oral presentation for delivering to small audiences gathered around the poster.
Please note that all accepted papers from the 2022 Tran-SET Conference will be published by ASCE and will provide bibliographic information for each proceedings paper to abstracting and indexing (A&I) services, such as CNKI Books, Elsevier Scopus, Elsevier Engineering Index (EI), ExLibris Primo, IET/Inspec, National Academies, OCLC WorldCat, and ProQuest Summon.
May 1, 2022 | Call for Papers and Student Posters Begins
Jun. 1, 2022 | Draft Papers for Presentation and Publication Due
Jun. 1, 2022 | Abstracts for Student Poster Presentations Due
Jun. 20, 2022 | Registration Opens
Jun. 30, 2022 | Final Papers Due
Jun. 30, 2022 | Student Posters Due
Aug. 26, 2022 | Registration Closes
Aug. 26, 2022 | Proceedings Published
Aug. 31, 2022 | Conference Begins