Call for Papers
The 2019 Tran-SET Annual Conference is pleased to announce its Call for Papers for presentations and publications. The conference will be held in San Antonio, Texas in April 11-12, 2019.
Papers from national and international participants are welcomed.
The conference theme is developing, evaluating, and implementing cutting-edge technologies, novel materials, and innovative construction management processes to enhance the durability and service of transportation infrastructure. Submission of papers is encouraged but not conclusive to the following transportation topics:
- Novel Materials to Enhance Durability of Portland Cement Materials
- Advanced and Renewable Materials to Improve Performance of Asphalt Mixtures
- Implementation of Innovative Construction Management Processes
- Environmentally-Friendly Soil Stabilization Techniques
- Effective and Simplified Approaches to Evaluate Pavements Performance
- Cost-Effective Monitoring and Preserving of Structures
- Development of Safety Assessment Approaches for Infrastructure
- Impact of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) on Economic Development
The submitted papers must follow the following format.
Please note that all accepted papers from the 2019 Tran- SET Conference will be published in MATEC Web of Conferences and submitted to EI (Compendex), CPCCI (Web of Science), DOAJ, Scopus, ProQuest, Google Schoar, and more for indexing.
Student Poster Competition
The 2019 Tran-SET Annual Conference will host a Student Poster Competition. To participate, please submit an Abstract (maximum 350 words) in accordance with the transportation topics listed above.
Abstracts (and posters) from national and international participants are welcomed.
The abstracts must follow the following format. Please e-mail your abstracts directly to email@example.com by November, 2018. Please follow the instructions below to prepare your poster:
- Register for the conference (https://transet.lsu.edu/2019-conference/register/).
- Prepare, print, and bring to the conference a single sheet poster made of heavyweight poster paper or similar material, approximately 4 ft. x 8 ft. in size.
- Bring heavy duty fasteners or tacks as back up to the thumbtacks. Bring tape or other materials as determined necessary.
- Authors may bring additional written material of a non-commercial nature that supplements the material presented on the poster.
- Keep content SIMPLE. A poster is a visual communication tool, not a manuscript. The viewer should be able to easily identify the primary concepts of the project without wading through a lot of text or complex formulas. Identify 3 or 4 main points or concepts to communicate.
- Use at least 28–36 point bold sans serif font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica) for headers and 18–24 point font for text.
- Provide author name(s), organization logos and/or other acknowledgements to give credit to those who have done the work
- Prepare a brief (up to 5 minutes) oral presentation for delivering to small audiences gathered around the poster.
Nov 10, 2018 | Draft Papers for Presentation and Publication
Nov 23, 2018 | Abstracts Due (Student Poster Presentations Only)
Nov 30, 2018 | Comments on Draft Papers Sent
Dec 15, 2018 | Final Papers
Apr 1, 2019 | Registration Closes
April 9, 2019 | Proceedings Published
Apr 11, 2019 | Conference Begins